Tuesday, May 22, 2012

summerwind



dress & belt - forever 21
cardigan - old navy
tights and shoes - h&m

I'm very much a fall-and-winter sort of person, but for some reason I'm really excited about summer this year. I'm not sure what's come over me but I'm absolutely itching to spend my summer the way I did when I was a kid. Watching cartoons in the morning while drinking chocolate milk; going outside for a while to play with sidewalk chalk before getting too hot and rushing in the house, making a beeline straight for the nearest air conditioning vent. Forts made out of blankets, my mom's homemade lemonade and iced tea, swimming, grilled veggies and (boca) burgers for dinner, being covered head to toe in mosquito bites.

I usually have way too much going on to make this a reality, but I'm tempted to see if this summer I can jam all of my to-do-list items into a few hours each morning, then spend the rest of the day enjoying a pseudo-summer vacation..